Recently I obtained two other versions of the legendary Sektor and Vitality split 7 inch. This split has the rawer unpolished version of the song ‘The Crypts Of Darkness’ with the intro that screams “Trust no one in the crypts of darkness…”. And the song ‘The Struggle’ that is only on this release. The Vitality songs on this 7 inch are quite essential, if not the most essential songs of the band to date.
The yellow covers with brown vinyl were the earliest sold versions. I found this one in Germany, so probably one sold on their European tour. I have heard that the glue pocket covers weren’t ready for the European tour and that the yellow and orange paper covers were printed to rectify this and to be able to have a tour version with a cover.
Later when the blue (glue pocket) covers were ready they started to sell these with the remaining black and second press clear vinyl. Discogs states the clear versions are second press out of 500. But five hundred copies seems wild for the clear version it think there are way less than this, since these are the hardest to find ones. Secondly since black vinyl copies were also found with the yellow and orange paper covers that were made for the tour, we can conclude that these were also first press. So far the pressing info of the release. There are also two different insert, small and big letter format. Initially I thought the letter formats were for the copied sleeves but that doesn’t hold up since there are also big letter inserts found with the glue pocket sleeves, so these must be the remaining inserts.
So to sum it all up chronologically:
1. brown and black vinyl pressed in the first pressing
1. they made the big letter sized inserts
2. sleeves weren’t ready so they copied the sleeves on yellow and orange paper cover that fold open
3. brown vinyl sold with yellow and orange covers and big inserts on tour
4. when the blue glue pocket sleeves where ready, the sold the remaining black vinyl with those sleeves and with big inserts
2. clear vinyl pressed for the second pressing
1. clear vinyl copies sold with the blue glue pocket sleeves only
2. when the big letter sized inserts were sold out, they made new smaller inserts to sell with the last copies
If someone thinks differently, please speak out…
|brown vinyl, yellow sleeve
|brown vinyl, orange sleeve